Sunday, December 24, 2017

Puzzle Fundraiser !!!




UPDATED 01/18/2018

Since launching this fund raiser, we have sold 183 puzzle pieces !!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!



Again - thank you for helping us bring Sealey home !!







___________________________________________________
___________________________________________________


As I write on this Christmas Eve, my husband is wrapping a last minute gift, Newt is hanging out with Auntie Barbara, and I am enjoying a little peace and quiet.  Our Christmases are usually quiet - it's just the four of us - so we tend to hibernate and go a little overboard with the gift giving among ourselves.




This year, of course, we are missing one - one we didn't even know was part of our family until recently.  On this Christmas Eve, I have no doubt that he is doing what he does every other day of the year - laying in his crib, alone.  I try not to dwell on his life as it is - if I did, I don't know how I would get through each day.  I tend to look to the future - to the minutes and hours and days and years that he will spend surrounded by his loving family. The adoption process at times seems to go so quickly, at other times it seems that we are at a stand still - and I try to be patient, knowing what lies at the end of it.

(For those who don't know our story - go HERE to read all about Sealey, an orphan living in an institution in Eastern Europe)



This time next year Sealey will be HERE.
There will be gifts under the tree for him that HE will be here to open.
There will be gifts under the tree that HE has helped buy.

Sealey will be HERE.

I will be mom to TWO boys (two teenagers - yikes !!) 



This Christmas, though, he is not here - but I am launching a fundraiser that will help bring him home, that everyone can take part in !!

Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to figure out a theme for his room (bearing in mind that he will be sharing with big brother Newt).  I didn't want to choose something too babyish (though I was VERY tempted to repeat Newt's Winnie the Pooh theme, from when he was a baby LOL).

I though about typical teenage boy stuff - but we honestly don't know where Sealey is at developmentally - he could be an infant or a typical 13 year old.  

So - I aimed somewhere in between - and finally came up with an idea - "Under the Sea".  I found some adorable blue and white bedding with whales on,  and I'm building on that for his decor.  Once he's home, if he expresses any dislike, we'll change it, but for now, we're running with the theme :)



So, this brings me to our first fundraiser !

I have purchased a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle, and I am asking people to sponsor each piece of that puzzle. For a $10 donation to our adoption grant, I will write your name (or any name you choose) on the back of a puzzle piece. 
Once the puzzle is complete, we will frame it so both back and front are visible, and it will have pride of place in his room, so that he - and we - can see the names of every single person who helped bring him home !!!



For those of you familiar with Reece's Rainbow, how perfect is this puzzle ? It has the "Under the Sea" theme PLUS a rainbow AND a starfish !

If you would like to join in and sponsor a puzzle piece, there are couple of ways to do it.

You can donate your $10 to our tax-deductible adoption grant at Reece's Rainbow HERE.

Or you can donate directly to our Paypal account HERE

Then - most important - let me know you donated, and what name(s) to put on the puzzle piece(s) - you can message me on Facebook, comment below, or e-mail me at britgirlus@aol.com with the names.

Lastly - thank you for reading - and thank you so much for caring !!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!


























No comments:

Post a Comment